Have you signed up for an account on Tacomamama?
Have you had difficulty logging in?
Did you ever get your password?
I have been flirting with other blog software, and I think I've decided that as much as Geeklog makes me crazy, there's nothing else out there that does as much for free. So, I'm trying to track down all the bugs and tackle them one by one.
The number one biggest complaint I hear is that people never get their passwords or can't login, or can't change their passwords. It does seem to have killed the forum.
If you've experienced this, what happened, exactly?
Here is my advice for now, based on my own testing:
- Register for an account
- When you get your password (if you get one), try to log in right away.
- You may see the password field already filled in. DELETE IT. Fill in the password you were sent and log in.
- Change to your desired password immediately, before you forget the random one. Go to "My Account" (bottom left hand corner) and delete whatever fields are already filled in. Fill in your old and new password, and the confirmation of your new password (new password again.)
- Hit "save information." - you may get a warning from the system that your confirmation email has to be the same as your email address. Ignore this message.
- Log out. Log back in with your new password to see if it worked.
- You're done (phew).
*Yes, this is really awful. I apologize. I hope to get this and other bugs fixed before the end of January. In the mean time, give it a shot and email me if you have any problems, or you need me to reset your password: email@example.com