I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day. We're staying in this morning to watch a bunch of old videos of the kids. There's plenty going on around town today, though. For the full list, stop by our Father's Day page.
One event that slipped through the cracks is "Fun on the Foss" - an all-weekend festival on the Foss waterway, offering free boat rides, inflatables, and a stocked fishing pond. Afterward, if you're looking for something to do downtown stop by the Dome District for lots of great stuff open on Sunday, including Freighthouse Square and a variety of shopping and food options.
Events this week:
- Today is Point Defiance Park Trails Day - the nature hike started at 8 am, but there's plenty of fun planned at Owen Beach from 9-2.
- The Emporer's New Clothes ends its run at the Tacoma Children's Musical Theater today at 2.
- Stadium Bistro is hosting a Ladies Poker Night tomorrow (Monday) at 7 pm.
- For older kids with a thing for science, check out the Tacoma "Dorkbot" club, described as "people doing strange things with electricity," this Tuesday night at 7, at Club SOTA.
- This Thursday is Artwalk, and also Kids Day at the Farmer's Market on Broadway, as well as Free Market Thursday at the Children's Museum.
- This coming weekend is a busy Summer festival weekend, with the Urban Arts Festival at Fireman's Park this Sunday, Summerfest 2007 at Fort Steilacoom park (if it's anything like last year there will be a HUGE kids zone), the "Tour De Pierce" bike ride beginning at the Puyallup Fairgrounds, and "History in Motion" at the Mt Rainier Scenic RR.
See something we've forgotten? If it's not on the calendar, please let us know!
Have a great Father's Day and get out and enjoy Tacoma!