Rumor has it there's a sign up at Puget Park about putting in a new sprayground. Add that to Jefferson and Wright parks on the list of North End parks receiving this upgrade in the next few years. Jefferson Park's sprayground should be completed in time to open this summer. According to the Metro Parks website, Puget Park will also be getting all new playground equipment and an accessible walkway.
Pretty soon, we'll start putting up summer fun listings, so stay tuned.
Last week, our lives were dominated by T-ball. Yesterday we skipped all the other great events happening around Tacoma in favor of "Plays Picture and Skills Day" at the Heidelberg sports complex. For T-ball players, this is basically "stand around and try not to get dirty for two hours" day. Our team did their best, but they did have a bit of a dirt layer by the time the actual photo was taken.
- Take your little girl to see the big girls play Fastpitch Softball, this Thursday night at 7:45, at Peck Field. Admission is $1 for kids 5 and over, $1.50 for adults.
- Free Friday at the Children's Museum of Tacoma
- A special event at Fort Nisqually: "Watch Us Grow" - visit with re-enactors in 1850s attire while learning about new buildings going in at the fort. Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors and students 13-17, and $2 for children 5-12.
- Another event at the WSU Master Gardener Jack in the Beanstalk Garden this Saturday.
- ...and last but not least, the Dockyard Derby Dames have a roller derby bout this Saturday night! Come and see the four teams of Tacoma's one and only all-girl flat-track roller derby league duke it out in their first public bout! Get tickets online.
Have a great week and get out there and enjoy your city!